Tuesday, August 23, 2005

John Byrne Captain Canuck


Byrne Captain Canuck
Originally uploaded by Tipsydesigns.
Please be kind, I am baring all. Ha! When I was 15 years old (the biggest geek you would ever meet) I met artist John Byrne at a local con. This was just when he finished his amazing kick ass run of the X-Men and I was a HUGE fan of his and would look for any book drawn by him. He was drawing sketches ($20!) so instead of asking for a voluptuous Red Sonja or a sexy Black Widow I asked for the Captain. Whaaa? When he was finished he presented me with a beautiful sketch.I was blown away. My first real piece of art! I had it matted and it hung on my wall. In my twenties I stopped reading comics and got into music and other art and it wasnt until recently that I pulled it out of a stack of art I have and really gave it a new look. Its still great. Im still blown away by it.

No comments: